8/6/11

Designer Site Skins

I've been reaching out lately to a few designers whose work I come across on the web. I've asked them to contribute their talents to the Grooveshark homepage. Here are some recent examples:

Tim Green, I Lost Something in the Hills
Tim sent me this great original image that's pretty reminiscent of 1960's illustration. A lot of his work draws from retro illustration and this teetering of beauty and destruction. You can check out more of his work at destroywerk.com.

Kerry Hyndman, Jellyfish
This vibrant image of a swimmer in a cluster of jellyfish couldn't be more perfect for our shark-themed site. It's a precarious situation that I've been in. Kerry's depiction both makes me smile and gives me chills. How is that even possible? Check out more of her illustrations here.

Jake Blanchard, Mammoth Hunt
Jake replied to my invite saying he would contribute, but wasn't a user of the site because he only listens to his record player. Keepin vinyls alive and well! He sent this tiling image of cave people hunting mammoth. Such a unique pattern. You can find more of his hand-drawn illustrations here.
I've had some recent contributions that I haven't yet made live on the site. More of these soon to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment